Friday, October 21, 2011

Ahhhhh...... Al Dar Island (part 1)









Last weekend was an amazing weekend, and just what I needed after another crazy week of school. A group of us went to Al Dar island on Saturday. Al Dar island is a small island about a 10 or 15 minute boat ride from Bahrain's coast. In the morning, I left with Charmaine and Tammy, as we drove to the port. However, we got lost on the way. Charmaine and I seem to be lost constantly when we are driving, which is partly due to the fact that the roads here are not very well marked. On our way to the port, we ended up at 1. the toll booth to enter Saudi Arabia (which as unmarried females, we cannot cross, let alone be driving in Saudi), and 2. we ended up at a camel farm lol. Although we were late and holding people up, the fact that we ended up in these 2 places, both which are far from the port, left us laughing hysterically, and really excited when we finally made it to the port. So in the top photo, starting from the left, there is Susan (event coordinator and friend), myself, Tammy (Charmaine's roommate, my friend), Rachel (my roommate), and Charmaine (lives downstairs, my friend as well). This is us waiting at the port, we did have more people that joined up, maybe about an additional 12 people. So, we took the boat ride to the island (picture of Charmaine and the boat captain in the 2nd photo). In my 3rd picture, although its hard to see because the picture is smaller, but if you look off in the distance of the photo, you will see a little black dot, which was a dolphin. On our boat ride, we saw lots of dolphins in the water, so I of course attempted to capture a picture of one. We finally arrived at the island, which was really nice. The water was clear and a perfect temperature (not too hot, but not too cool either). There were food stands, music, and a bar. We had a private tent that we got to use for the day, which was nice to have some shade from the hot sun. We brought food and drinks and did some grilling and played some music. This will conclude part one of the island trip, but I will make my second post with my additional pics from the island, and finish my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment