Tuesday, November 1, 2011

And yet....they love me



So, I accidentally left this post blank for a while, but then I remembered it, and now I have added pictures. This one is important because at the end, and start of the day, my students still seem to love me, no matter how hard I am on them, and no matter how upset I may get. They always say hello to me and shout when they see me from a distance. And they love to make me cards and pictures of me doing things like jumping rope or picking flowers with them. Really, it is very sweet, and it does make me feel really nice at the end of the day to see that they want to make these things for me. Even one boy, who drives me absolutely nuts most of the time, he said to me, "Miss Jamie, I make you something tomorrow!". So he made me a picture with rainbows and butterflies and gave me a big hug. It was very sweet. I can say that these students do sometimes make me smile. Character day was my favorite time the students made me laugh. On character day, the students could come to school dresses as a book character (but it was more like Halloween in my opinion). Anyways, one of the 5th grade students came as a zombie, with the face paint and blood and fake knife in his head and a fake arm/hand. He was really into pretending to be a zombie, so he would limp around the playground and make zombie sounds. Anyways, during break, my first grade students come running and screaming to me, "Miss Jamie! Too much scary! Too much scary!". They were completely horrified and yet fascinated by this boys outfit. However, despite their slight fear, their reaction was hysterical, and I could not help but laugh out loud. This was something you had to witness to truly understand. Regardless, I can say I'm happy that my students come to me for some sort of comfort, and that at the end of the day, they still like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment