Sunday, January 15, 2012

New Year, New Beginnings?

People always say the New Year is for new beginnings. I would like to think that applies to my life and is true. I came back to Bahrain ready for a new beginning. Time to wipe the slate clean and start fresh. Although many things would not be new, I was hoping for improvements, mainly in the area of school. Of course, school would still be there and the rules would be the same, but I was very hopeful that my students would come back rested and ready for a new beginning as well. I hoped this beginning meant them behaving and sitting quietly when they're supposed to, following directions, and just not frustrating me too much in general.
Well, I must say, the first day knocked my socks off and I felt as though God had answered my prayers. The kids came back, and they actually sat quietly during lessons, and weren't shouting in the halls, and just being good overall. This was just thrilling and I couldn't believe it!
Well, I guess I should have gone with my gut instinct and not believed it. Like my mom always quotes, "all good things must come to an end." After about 2 or 3 days, the kids were back to their usual selves mostly. Although I do feel that it is still a bit better than before, it is by no means perfect, or even close, but I guess that's just asking for too much.
Regardless of the behavior, I'm still working on believing that the New Year will bring good things and hopefully I will be able to enjoy it to the fullest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment