Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Birthday Night 2: My Actual Birthday

I don't remember what we were talking about, but I'm sure it was interesting
Here comes my birthday sorbet!

Making some wishes and giggling





Sonja, Allison, Me, and Chris 


Me, Susan, and Sonja


Round 2! On my actual birthday, I spent a good amount of the day in recovery from the previous night, but when dinner time rolled around, I was dressed and ready to celebrate. Unfortunately, not everyone had the same energy and mentality. Some friends were just a bit to hungover and worn from the night before, so they couldn't muster up the strength to join. Although this was sad, I did still have a wonderful group of friends with me, so I was content nonetheless.
We started off having dinner at a lovely Thai restaurant called Monsoon. We had our own private dining area and a nice big table. The cocktails were tasty, and so was the food. I had a Thai coconut and chicken soup to start, which gave me quite the shock. What I thought were diced up red bell peppers, actually turned out to be these hotter-than-the-sun Thai chili's. I literally almost choked when I first swallowed it, and experienced my mouth being on fire for a good 10 minutes. Now, I like spicy things, believe me, but this was by far the spiciest little pepper I have ever known!
After my mouth finally calmed down and I stopped breathing fire, I was able to cautiously continue eating my soup, and then my shrimp curry main course. It was all delicious, and I just love Thai food.
Of course, my dear friends surprised me with a birthday dessert of sorbet and fruit, which was also amazingly delicious, and a sweet way to finish the dining experience.
Following dinner, myself, Allison (a teacher friend from another school), Chris, and Miguel (Coast Guard friends), continued on with the night to party. Everyone else was tired and ready for home.
We met up with our friends Susan and Sonja for a night of drinks and dancing (my favorite). And after that, joined the band performing at the bar, to their hotel party. 
The night came to an end with me crashing on Allison's couch for the night, until morning when I could get a ride back home.
So that was the 24th birthday. It had just what I needed, fun and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment