Monday, September 12, 2011

Drive-up Liquor

This is one of those things I wish I had a camera to take a photo of. Today, following an employee lunch, myself and a few friends had to do some grocery shopping, and on the way, we decided to make a quick stop at the liquor store. There is only one liquor store on the entire island, but considering how many people do not drink, this is not unusual. For those of us from the U.S., this may be odd considering we have usually one liquor store per neighborhood. Anyways, the funny thing about this liquor store is that it has a drive-thru window. It's just like going to your local fast-food spot. You drive up, place your order, pay, and then you are on your merry way. In Pittsburgh, we do have drive-up beer distributors, but I'm fairly sure we don't have drive-thru liquor, so this was quite the sight for me. I suppose the thought of ordering Grey Goose while driving seems a bit backwards. Regardless, I did not purchase anything from the store. Aside from not having anything I liked, (the selection was limited), some of the bottles were extremely expensive. A bottle of Goose costs 44BD (Bahraini Dinars), which is over $100U.S.D! I must admit, I find out surprising new things about this country everyday, and I love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment