Friday, September 30, 2011

It's Always Sunny...In Bahrain

One of the sweet things about Bahrain is that it is always sunny. Since I have been here, which has been just about a month, the only type of weather I have experienced is hot and sunny. And when I say sunny, I mean sunny. There literally are no clouds in the sky! This is pretty cool considering that when living in the US, I saw weather of all sorts, sun, clouds, rain, snow, ice, hail, and all that jazz. The fact that it's 105 degrees F. doesn't even bother me. I believe that the sunny weather truly helps me to feel happier, and therefore, I don't even feel homesick yet. I probably also don't feel homesick because I have surrounded myself with amazing people, and I do keep in contact with everyone at home as well. But back to the topic of weather, something shocking did happen the other day (shocking because all I see is sun). I woke up one morning and it was foggy! This was the closest thing to clouds that I have seen since I left Pittsburgh. Of course the fog only lasted for a short while in the morning, and then it was hot and sunny for the rest of the day. I can only imagine what it will be like when the rain happens. Apparently here, it rains for a whole 2 days per year, and when it does, everything shuts down because there is no draining system. Last year when it rained, my roommate Rachel (who taught 2nd grade at the time), said that between the 3 2nd grade classes, only about 7 students showed up! So, I will update if anything crazy as far as weather goes, happens here.

No comments:

Post a Comment