Thursday, September 8, 2011

My House Is Your House








I feel as though I should take everyone on a small tour of my apartment, just so you can see how I'm living. I am not living the life of a queen, however, I have no complaints. The place is spacious and clean, and that's all I really need. The photo at the top is of the outside of my apartment. The balcony that you can see on the second floor, that is the balcony outside of my bedroom. The photo below is of our driveway, and more importantly, the stray cat that lives here as well. I have not yet named this cat, but I am open to suggestions. This cat has lived here longer than I have, so I feel it would only be appropriate to name it. A little info about him, he is mostly black, very skinny with a fluffy tail, loves to lay in the shade or in muddy puddles if he can find one, and is quite the romantic (sometimes at night I can hear him having a jolly old time with the lady cats of the neighborhood). Moving on, the third photo is of my living room area. It is pretty plain, we have not yet bought any fun pillows or throw blankets or tables for this area. Still, the couches and chairs are very comfortable. Next, we have our kitchen, with all the kitchen basics. I recently made my kitchen 100 times better by purchasing a George Foreman grill (yes, George is even in Bahrain)! Below that is my bedroom, which as I mentioned, has a balcony facing the street. I included, as a final photo, I pic of the view from my balcony. This area is outside of the city, so there are not many lit up buildings, but the view is still quite nice. As a final note, the other interesting thing about my apartment (besides the fact that there is a pool, which I have not yet used or even seen), is that from here, and from pretty much everywhere else in the country, you can always hear when it is time for prayer. Bahrain is a primarily Muslim country, and they pray 5 times each day. Whenever it is time for prayer, this chant comes on to signal prayer time, and goes on for about 5 minutes or so. I assume that some how this country is rigged to a bunch of loudspeakers, because these chants can be heard everywhere! They are very pretty though, so I don't mind. So that is just a bit about the living quarters and such. Nothing crazy has happened yet, but then again, I have only been here for 6 days, so I'm sure that crazy times will happen sooner or later.

2 comments:

  1. Jamie, I just read all of your blogs so far and looked at all of the pictures, and it made me realize just how long it's been since I've read something that you wrote. You're a great writer love! Also, your apartment looks beautiful! I bet you're so comfortable there. I'm so happy you made friends so quickly, I predict you'll have good times with that group : ) I wish I could meet them!

    Miss you and think of you every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Liana, by the way, I don't know why I have that weird long username haha.

    ReplyDelete